Sunday, October 18, 2009

Following:

Darren Kuropatwa, the person who I have been following did not post this week, so I will write about a voicethread that I read. This voicethread was published by Nicole Tomasselli for MESPA, and is about Digital Storytelling. Nicole talks about the various ways in which Digital Storytelling can be used, such as Historical Projects. She suggests that the value of digital storytelling is that it engages the students and uses high order thinking for "planning, envisioning and linking common themes." She noted that it also allows students to use technology in "meaningful ways," that are more engaging than handwritten formats.
I think that engaging students in activities that involves the use of visuals and hands on activities is important because it allows the students to work in their different learning styles. I think this type of writing and expression also allows students more room for creativity. I think that digital storytelling is definitely something I'd like to keep in mind to incorporate into the classroom in the future.

1 comment:

  1. There are ways to use VT for digital story telling. Makes me think we should a digital story telling project in the class....

    ReplyDelete